Manager, Passenger Experience & Programs
Number of positions available:1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: Authority band 10 ($101,926.50-$106,002.00-$110,233.50-$114,660.00)
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 225 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
Our Terminal Operations team collaborates with multiple business units, tenants, airlines and other stakeholders within the airport community to ensure that our passengers at YYC have a seamless and positive airport experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the direction of the GM Terminal Operations, this position has the responsibility to deliver the Authority’s passenger experience and volunteer programs at Calgary International Airport. The position manages, directs, plans coordinates and monitors all passenger movement activities from curb to gate including but not limited to passenger amenities, wayfinding, passenger flow and connections and accessibility across the terminal campus. The Manager, Passenger Experience and Programs ensures excellent service delivery to passengers through a matrix of operational delivery methods including Calgary Airport Authority resources and processes, third-party contracts, contract delivery and customer issue resolution.
- Manage, measure and evaluate the contracted services associated with the Passenger Experience and Programs at YYC. This includes but is not limited to:
- Customer Care Ambassadors
- Cart retrieval
- Porter Service
- Community programs (ie: parks Canada)
- Passenger Survey Contracted Service Provider
- Perform and/or participate in all aspects of contract management
- Observe, evaluate and provide direction for enhancing operational processes, response and customer service delivered by the contracted service provider
- Ensure appropriate training programs are in place and delivered for the contracted service provider to ensure consistent, positive and professional customer service
- Act as an escalation point, should any issues arise with the contracted service provider. Investigate and respond to any concerns/complaints/requests; liaise with Contract Lead/Manager to implement any changes
- Liaise with Airport Community and YYC Crew to identify opportunities to improve the processes related to the contracted service providers. Recognize opportunities for process improvement and advancement. Develop recommendations to optimize the contracted programs
- Provide oversight and review of training developed for contracted service providers
- Create and maintain operational documentation including operational plans, standard operating procedures and work instructions that impact the delivery of the contract
- Prepare, evaluate and administer the Volunteer programs associated with passenger experience
- Develop, manage, measure and evaluate the Passenger Experience Programs at YYC. This includes but is not limited to:
- Signage and Wayfinding
- Terminal Amenities
- Events and Activities
- Develop and manage the overall passenger experience programs ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on airport flow as it pertains to the passenger experience programs
- Ensure projects, events, and airport construction are designed and delivered in consideration of the passenger experience programs
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Aviation Management, Business Management, or Logistics would be an asset, and/or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum five years’ working within an airport or airline operations center environment or similar with demonstrated experience in serving a large and complex customer base.
- Minimum 5 years’ leadership experience with people management experience, preferable in a matrix organization, with exposure in various operational functions.
- Solid business acumen and business improvement mindset to solution immediate issues and to identify trends, provide recommendations, plans and implement corrective actions.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency to deliver operational excellence.
- Experience in managing and developing Volunteer programs.
- Ability to successfully manage under pressure and respond to critical and or changing priorities throughout the day.
- Ability to guide a team to resolution through conflict management.
- Familiarity with Airport Operations and integrated operations (understanding how to prioritize in a busy operational environment with competing priorities)
- Knowledge of IATA airport design recommendations and strategies
- Knowledge of the Airport Terminal building, gates, sectors, aircraft identification
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements including security, customs and connections.
- Familiarity with all applicable regulations and Acts including but not limited to:
- Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS)
- Aerodrome Security Measures
- Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Accessibility Act
- Official Languages Act
- Contract Management
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with customers, contractors, stakeholders and other YYC Staff
- Able to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Proven negotiation and presentation skill
- Strong decision-making skills and demonstrates a sense of urgency to deliver operational excellence
- Ability to successful manage under pressure and respond to critical and or changing priorities throughout the day
- Good organizational skills. Strong writing and presentation skills with the ability to write, develop and present training documentation, programs, policies and incident reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, including making presentations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a complex environment
- Ability to manage people in multi-disciplined roles
- Ability to take on and learn new tasks relative to a dynamic industry
- Ability to deal with the general public under occasionally stressful circumstances
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta’s Top Employers.