Senior Airport Systems Analyst
Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: Authority Band 11
Closing Date: December 11, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
If you are passionate about technology but also understand the importance of customer service and running a high-performance operation, then this is the role for you. Our IT team works hard to maintain the physical technology infrastructure and daily IT operations that ensures our airport operates efficiently and effectively. This team of high performers connect our people and technology to deliver seamless IT operations every day.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the General Manager, Airport Systems, the Senior Airport Systems Analyst is responsible for leading and understanding all technological aspects for each of the Airport Systems including architecture, physical devices and peripherals, system integrations, database configuration and application design and setup. You will act as an IT liaison to airport stakeholders, will be the technology subject matter expert for Airport Systems IT projects and will assist GM in leading and mentoring Airport Systems Analysts and Specialists.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Understand all IT Terminal and Airport Systems (e.g. Passenger and Baggage Processing, Services, Wayfinding, Airfield and Groundside Systems, Security, Safety & Access) to guide and support System Analysts.
• Provide technology leadership and understanding in all technological aspects for all Airport Systems.
• Build and maintain a strong knowledge of the Calgary Airport Authority’s (YYC) operations, systems and applications, their interdependencies and integration points
• Conduct research on emerging products and IT solutions to support innovation, systems improvement, and IT planning
• Act as the design and technical expert and system steward when working with Airport IT Capital projects to ensure they are designed and functioning to meet our business and IT needs and advise the project teams to make course corrections where required
• Partner with our baggage operations team on a regular basis to ensure all systems are running as intended and provide solutions and planning for any baggage challenges that might arise
• Develop business cases along with associated cost/benefit analysis, risks, implications, and options
• Identify current process issues and operational objectives and explore recommended changes to achieve efficient and effective processes and alignment between technical components and operational requirements
• Effectively communicate with all parties that may be affected by specific planning activities (e.g. Project Sponsors, Airlines, Transport Canada, Nav Canada, Environment Canada, and various other Federal, Provincial and City Departments and internal stakeholders)
• Manage interactions between IT, Infrastructure, and other departments to ensure that all data implications and project dependencies are understood, communicated, and planned for
• Prepare Terms of Reference, Project Scope and associated deliverables and related technical documentation
• Analyze and participate in system testing needs
• Provide mentoring and training to other members of the team and coordinate work of Airport Systems team members to achieve success in larger initiatives and systems operations
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electronics Engineering with at least 8 years Information Technology work experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading Airport Systems including architecture, physical devices and peripherals, system integrations, database configuration and application design and setup
• Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge in areas such as IT systems architecture, lifecycle management, business process reengineering, workshop facilitation, and requirements gathering, workflow automation and integration practices
• Strong understanding of all technology aspects of complex baggage systems as well as operational processes
• Experience working in complex 24/7/365 public facility
• Proven experience as a technology subject matter experience working in major airport projects, having successfully delivered the projects to operations
• Familiar with IATA practices and programs and standards, including proposed draft and final Resolutions and Recommended Practices (RP’s)
• Effective communication skills with the ability to adapt communications style to others to ensure common understanding and clarity in scope and requirements definitions
• Time management, prioritization and organizational skills in order to successfully manage multiple projects, multiple tasks, multiple priorities, and concurrent deadlines
• Cost control skills are required to foresee all aspects of the costs to be included in the project as well as manage the scope of potential cost overruns and make timely adjustments to control overall planning project costs
• Risk management skills are required to recognize and reduce potential risks while dealing with uncertainties such as scope creep, cost overruns, schedule delays, 3rd party delays, and vendor delivery problems
• Judgment and decision-making skills to manage quality and accuracy of the plans including the impact on the organization, costs to implement, schedule, etc.
• Proven negotiation skills regarding consultant fees, contractor change orders and customer requests
• Able to build and maintain relationships within the team including consultants, contractors, stakeholders and suppliers
• Conflict resolution skills to resolve conflicts or facilitate the resolution of them by engaging more senior levels of management
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
• Strong understanding of Airport operational processes and procedures with a key focus on baggage systems, with a working knowledge of IATA messaging standards
• Working knowledge of the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) Passenger Services Conference Resolution manual and current status and direction of IATA working groups.
• Working knowledge of the airport policies and procedures including the voice and data infrastructure guidelines, Safety
Management Systems (SMS), Video Surveillance Policy, Common Use Policy and other policies and procedures related to IT Security and Emergency Preparedness Planning and Procedures
• Understanding of the Airport Authority Change Management process
• Ability to travel to conferences approximately two weeks a year
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.