Airfield Equipment Operator
Number of positions available: Multiple
Status: Permanent Full-Time, Seasonal & Two Year Term Positions
Salary: Band 7 Hourly Rate ($33.38 - $34.72 - $36.12 - $37.56)
Closing Date: August 30, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
Our Airfield Equipment Operators are an integral part of our entire airside and groundside team. They go above and beyond to ensure our airport’s roadways, grounds, parking facilities, runways, taxiways and aprons are well maintained for seamless operations. This team has the exciting opportunity to operate unique equipment in the fast-paced and operationally critical environment of our airport’s backyard. Whether it’s working together to clear runways during snow storms or painting aprons to meet standards, there is never a dull moment!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will work with a tight crew and operate a wide range of unique equipment used to maintain all surfaces of YYC’s airfield, groundside and various operationally required facilities. The primary focus of this role is often snow removal and de-icing of the runways and aprons in the winter and surface line painting, integrative vegetative management and pavement repair in the summer. Other work will vary depending on need and may include the following:
• Pavement repair and patching of airfield surfaces, groundside surfaces and various operationally required facilities; including anything from fences to roadways.
• Assisting with a variety of landscape and drainage projects when required.
• Completing minor equipment maintenance and ensure equipment is always ready to operate properly.
• Providing support as required to other members of the airside and groundside teams with the inspection and evaluation of surfaces, project support, vegetation management and bird & wildlife control.
WHAT YOU BRING
• 2+ years’ experience and competency in equipment operation
• Have and be able to maintain a Valid Class 3 Driver’s license with air brake endorsement
• Ability to work a rotating shift schedule and be on call during winter
• Strong safety focus, as shown in your decisions and behaviours
• Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a dynamic team
• Ability to build and maintain positive and respectful working relationships
• Capacity to show critical thinking skills and behavior to ensure overall team success
• Demonstrated ability to take direction and implement instructions in a timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to represent our Crew in a positive, professional, efficient and productive manner at all times
• Meet requirements of a safety-sensitive position
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) and an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP)
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.