Operations Documentation Coordinator
Number of positions available: 1
Salary: Authority Band 8 ($74,548.50 - $77,532 - $80,632.50 - $83,850)
Status: One year term
Closing Date: June 24, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
Our Terminal “behind-the-scenes” Operations team is passionate about airport operations and ensuring that our terminal operates in a safe, secure and efficient manner 365/24/7. This team proves their agility every day to deal with our ever-changing environment while keeping their focus on the guest experience. They collaborate with numerous stakeholders within the airport community to solve multi-layered challenges to ensure that both partners and passengers have the best experience at YYC. We love what we do, we work hard but always manage to have some fun along the way.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Operations Documentation Coordinator is responsible for researching, analyzing, writing, editing and publishing accurate and complete documentation related to complex departmental policies, processes and procedures. This role works closely with all internal departments and external stakeholders to understand business processes and define the information needed for standard and irregular operational policies and procedures.
The Operations Documentation Coordinator’s duties may include:
• Gathering information and analyzing processes and procedures to determine the logical and sequential flow of documentation.
• Seeking out key information by using appropriate interview and information-gathering techniques.
• Documenting processes, policies and procedures by writing, editing and publishing comprehensive standard operating procedures, policy documents and other supporting documentation that is clear, concise, grammatically correct and easy to understand.
• Updating documentation to keep information current; ensuring quality, accuracy and timely delivery.
• Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders in order to gather appropriate information required for developing and refining standards, procedures and process documentation.
• Organizing material and completing writing assignments according to deadlines and setting standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness and terminology.
• Reviewing existing operating manuals and recommend revisions to more clearly and accurately represent the information to our stakeholders.
• Creating documentation that meets regulatory requirements.
• Performing operational process walkthroughs of airport, airline and passenger experiences to validate that all aspects are included in the appropriate documentation.
• Using the principles of page layout, topography and design to produce effective and readable technical documents.
• Developing documentation and content adhering to all templates, version controls and style guidelines as appropriate.
• In conjunction with subject matter experts, developing disaster recovery procedures and vendor contact sheets.
• Supporting the project team by liaising with other departments and other project teams to understand the documentation needs and incorporating the aspects of these projects into new or updated documentation.
• Participating in ongoing review sessions for upcoming projects to understand role implications and the appropriate impact to procedures.
• Managing the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) process including adding, amending and deleting an SOP.
• Tracking SOP use for the initial 12 months to confirm use and validity.
• Managing the document management system including ensuring contributors and process owners complete annual reviews of their documentation and confirm validity with front line employees.
• Reviewing vendor-provided documentation for use and validity; provide feedback while projects are active to ensure deliverable meet requirements.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Formal technical writing experience typically obtained through completion of a Technical Writing program combined with previous relevant work experience as a technical writer.
• Intermediate to advanced technical computer skills in Microsoft Office products with a firm understanding of design, layout and graphics through Word.
• Experience in screen capture and graphics modification software such as Adobe PhotoShop or InDesign.
• Experience in creating flowchart diagrams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail including correct use of grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
• Ability to anticipate change, re-establish priorities, respond to changes and balance conflicting priorities by being flexible.
• Experience in working with content management systems.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
• Ability to effectively interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner; sometimes in a short time frame.
• Capacity to plan, prioritize, schedule and track assigned initiatives in order to meet deadlines while maintaining a focus on quality and detail.
• Knowledge of the methodology involved in writing formal technical documents.
• Knowledge of aviation terminology.
• Respecting the importance of confidentiality of sensitive materials.
• Assist various departmental leaders in developing policies for existing and new systems (e.g. developing roles and responsibilities for the Baggage Sorting System).
• Review existing internal and external policies with the business owners to determine validity and identify gaps.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.