Enterprise Planning Analyst
Number of positions available: 1
Salary: Authority Band 9: ($85,371 - $88,764 - $92,332 - $96,037)
Term Length: May 2019 - December 2019
Closing Date: April 24, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
ENTERPRISE PLANNING AT YYC
Whether it’s doubling the size of YYC’s infrastructure, implementing a new strategic plan, or undertaking various change initiatives, The Calgary Airport Authority is transforming the way we do business. As part of this transformation, we’ve created an Enterprise Planning team that works closely with our Executive Leadership Team and stakeholders at all levels of our organization to prioritize and report on projects and initiatives that enable YYC to deliver a remarkable customer experience. This team fosters collaboration, inspires holistic thinking and promotes a culture of learning.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Our Enterprise Planning (EP) team is on the hunt for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant. We are looking for an Analyst who can successfully partner with our business units, bringing strong business acumen and sound analytical skills. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is eager to jump in, learn new things and transform the way we do business, knowing that you will be able to take an exponential amount of knowledge and experience to your next career move.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Now that we have your attention, let’s talk about the role. As the Enterprise Planning (EP) Analyst, you will be responsible for anything from facilitating solution-focused conversations amongst cross-functional work teams to organizing and manipulating project data that will inform the business in their sound decision-making. You will take initiative to gather the right information, anticipate business needs and demonstrate solid organizational skills. Your strong business acumen combined with your confidence in asking the right the questions will enable out-of-the-box thinking and improved business practices.
Reporting to the General Manager, Enterprise Planning & Cost Sustainability, the Enterprise Planning Analyst"s primary duties will revolve around business analysis, data management, reporting, project coordination and stakeholder communication/coordination. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Facilitate sessions and conversations to ensure business stakeholders have a strong understanding of The Calgary Airport Authority’s strategy, business objectives and operations.
• Ensure strong collaboration with all stakeholders and facilitate/participate in meetings to gather and document business requirements, functional specifications, process workflows and other critical information.
• Evaluate and document business processes, anticipate requirements, identify areas for improvement, establish performance metrics and implement solutions.
• Provide recommendations on projects and initiatives that enable the organization to deploy high impact business processes that drive the business forward in alignment with the business strategy.
• Manage and maintain project database that houses all project information in one central location; ensure accurate reporting and functionality.
• Respectfully challenge business decisions by providing relevant and supportive information generated from project database.
• Generate regular project reports for Enterprise Planning team and other business stakeholders.
• Act as a subject matter expert for the project database and identify opportunities to provide valuable business information to stakeholders; enhance system capabilities.
• Input, pull, clearly communicate, and present data to a variety of stakeholders through PowerPoint presentations, written reports and verbal communication.
• Understand the project management process and principles.
• Read and interpret project status reports.
• Follow-up with stakeholders regarding their project status and timelines.
• Lead small project meetings, create agendas, take minutes, track action items and follow up on actions items as required.
• Keep all stakeholders informed on a regular basis regarding project status, changes, updates, etc.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Post-secondary education in Business/Business Administration, Management, Organizational Design or a related field; or comparable experience
• Acute business acumen and ability to quickly comprehend organizational issues & challenges while keeping The Calgary Airport Authority’s business strategy and objectives at the heart of every decision
• Strong experience with contracts and managing projects and/or project finances
• Strong Excel skills – Macro functions, SQL; and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Intermediate PowerPoint – logical flow, communications and understanding
• Knowledge of business process workflows, scorecards, models and project management methodology
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
• Solid organizational skills in order to successfully manage multiple priorities, demands and deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with confidence in liaising with a variety of internal stakeholders
• Comfortability resolving conflict and remaining calm under pressure and find successful resolutions to escalating issues
• Ability to deal with sensitive information
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
• PMP designation or working towards and strong knowledge of life cycle and PM methodologies is an asset
• MBA or working towards is considered an asset
• Six Sigma certification is also an asset
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.