Marketing Services Coordinator
Number of positions available: 1
Salary: Authority Band 6 ($57,603 - $59,904 - $62,302 - $64,798)
Term Length: 18 months
Closing Date: January 23, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
The Marketing and Guest Experience team works with all YYC departments and partners to help ensure that all of our guests enjoy the best possible airport experience. We manage and enhance relationships with all travel/tourism and airline partners to ensure YYC Calgary International Airport provides ever-increasing air access from key global target markets. We manage all internal and external communications and marketing efforts while managing the YYC brand across all channels. We love what we do, we work hard but always manage to have some fun along the way.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing, you will be responsible for supporting all marketing services initiatives at YYC. This includes the delivery of marketing tactics and strategies, management of the commercial advertising and sponsorship program, customer insights plus travel and tourism partner relationships. You will nurture strong client/customer relationships within YYC while guiding marketing services initiatives through to successful completion.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinate advertising installations and aftercare, working with a variety of stakeholders
• Schedule/project manage graphic and design deliverables, helping to ensure that timelines are met, YYC brand standards are understood and adhered to and that all work fits without overarching strategic direction.
• Ongoing tracking and measurement of marketing programs and strategies.
• Consistent collaboration with Communications team to ensure that strategies and deliverables are in alignment.
• Coordinate efforts related to gathering key customers insights including coordination of focus groups, surveys, in-depth interviews and other forms of data/insight capture.
• Coordinate efforts to assess other (industry standard) tools and methodologies for measuring customer satisfaction and generating insights.
• Coordinate regular information sharing meetings and presentations with key Travel/Tourism partners (Travel Alberta, Tourism Calgary, Banff & Lake Louise Tourism, Destination Canada, etc.).
• Coordinate collaborative marketing efforts between YYC, airlines and travel & tourism partners.
• Research new and alternative communications and marketing methods.
• Industry award submission coordination as required.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Relevant post-secondary education in the field of Marketing or Communications and/or equivalent education and experience
• Keen attitude to learn the business that enables big picture thinking when advising on internal messages, corporate culture and brand development
• Strong ability to build and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Exceptional technical writing skills with strong accuracy in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and spelling
• Knowledge of social media tools and other new media communication channels
• Strong interest and ability in staying abreast of the latest marketing trends
• Knowledge in methodologies involved in developing marketing plans
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.