General Manager, Ground Transportation & Parking
Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: January 25, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
Aligning closely to our strategic plan, this close-knit group of high-performers work together to manage and oversee two important revenue streams for the Calgary International Airport – parking and ground transportation. Each team member brings an openness to change, strong technical expertise and a collaborative approach to working with our partners and stakeholders. Now, we are looking for a passionate, creative and customer-focused leader to deliver innovate solutions to this key portfolio at YYC. Sound like you? Just wait until you hear more.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Director, Commercial, the General Manager, Ground Transportation & Parking (GT&P) will lead and oversee the operation and management of the Calgary Airport Authority’s parking and ground transportation portfolios – a significantly sized and strategically important business at one of Canada’s busiest airports! Basically, you will be a key driver, planning and executing much of our non-aeronautical revenue. Does this have you excited? Here’s more of what you’ll do as our newest GM:
• Own it – fully embrace the challenge to manage a significantly sized business at one of Alberta’s best employers
• Manage it – develop the business, the team and the brand of Ground Transportation and Parking
• Lead it – set an example for all GMs in the organization by bringing and developing best practices
• Work with our Director of Commercial to develop the strategy and direction of parking and ground transportation at YYC
• Establish annual business plans, improving business and operations structure and processes, and identifying revenue growth opportunities for GT&P business development
• Manage and oversee day-to-day of parking and ground transportation operations including: revenue management, relationship management with our GT&P partners and following up on escalated instances related to GT&P
• Lead and manage our GT&P team and contracted staff: setting expectations and directing work activities, developing the team and providing mentorship, coaching as well as performance feedback to help the team grow and develop
• Manage the airport terminal building roadways and associated curb-side operations including allocation of space, management of vehicle flow, enforcement, and all regulatory and wayfinding signage
• Work cross functionally with operations, maintenance and IT to ensure decisions align with the needs of stakeholders involved.
• Direct vehicle rental operations including on- and off-airport operators: manage the relationships with operators as well as with those involved in executing the business
• Oversee and direct all commercial vehicle operations and facilities (tour buses, hotel shuffles, etc.)
• Prepare, draft and administer a variety of contracts including license, leases, tenders, and request for proposals
• Participate in the capital planning and annual operations and maintenance program to ensure appropriate facilities, landside operations, and customer service requirements are satisfied
WHAT YOU BRING
• A creative business mind that sees beyond the trees, and can navigate through them
• An innovative strategic thinker who can oversee strong execution when it’s time to do so
• Technology savvy, with an eye and ears on the current and future technology trends affecting GT&P
• Business-focused education. Postsecondary degree in Business Administration or equivalent
• Related experience. Minimum 5 years’ experience in either airport operations, ground transportation operations, hospitality management, consumer business leadership or parking operations
• Proven leader and influencer. Minimum 5 years’ experience managing people and demonstrated skills in management and leadership in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with down, up, and across the organization, as well as with a variety of external partners
• Proven track record of growing business. Ability to manage complexity, and prioritize competing tasks
• Strong relationship builder. Ability to network and develop strong working relationships with internal and external partners
• Business acumen, financial understanding and knowledge of managing a P&L
• Strong computer skills. Able to develop MS excel and power-point presentations
• Previous contract management and budget management experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.