General Manager, IT Operations
Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: January 23, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
IT Operations is a group of hard workers who ensure that our IT processes and equipment effectively support the corporate enterprise and 24/7 airport operations; all while providing an exceptional customer service to our business stakeholders. As a whole, this team of high performers connect our people and technology to deliver seamless and innovative ways to operate our airport every day.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the General Manager, IT Operations, you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the IT organizations and the services it provides its end-users. This will include frontline support activities, IT service management, datacentre facilities and KPI metrics. Bringing an ability to lead is critical in this high availability environment. The need to coordinate with the infrastructure teams will be a key part of this role.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, your key responsibilities will be:
• Provide leadership, direction and support to the IT Services team. Establish performance goals with staff that align with the strategic direction of the company. Evaluate and provide feedback on the performance and development of staff.
• Directs the ongoing operations and maintenance of IT services including the datacentre, defining IT standards, workstation installations, upgrades, server and workstations and data access security, backup and disaster recovery, office productivity standards, and life cycle management of these systems.
• Sets the standards for the oversight, management and operations of all datacentre systems, ensuring that ongoing business and operational systems are reliable and meet high availability requirements.
• Leads the development of IT support services, including Service Desk, ensuring appropriate support mechanisms are in place to meet customer service requirements and escalate service requirements that are not met in 30 days or as otherwise defined.
• Provide leadership on the quality of service and manage services to ensure that critical services for the systems and areas listed above plus Audio Visual, Mobile Devices, Wireless Access are meeting customer expectations.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor of Science or MIS designation or equivalent in related industry experience.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with experience leading an internal team and contractors.
• Experience in creating, facilitating, and achieving the goals and activities required to implement service management processes, contracts, and processes.
• General experience in a wide variety of office systems and datacentre technologies as well as computing and storage platforms.
• Experience in defining preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Experience with network access security management, internet security, and other data security practices.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Experience in operational project management, including budgeting and contracting.
• The ability and experience to manage daily operations, customer service, vendors, and timelines to ensure corporate operational requirements are met.
• Ability to document, communicate and demonstrate your experience in dealing with day to day operations and problem resolution requirements across a wide variety of corporate systems and technologies.
• The ability to implement and enforce network security practices, technology standards as well as records management and end user training.
• Ability to manage a diverse group of activities within a lean organization.
• Knowledge and experience with operating a datacentre and helpdesk services will be an asset.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.