Senior Accounting Clerk
Number of positions available: 1
Salary: Authority Band 7 ($63,823 - $66,378 - $69,049 - $71,799)
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: December 19, 2018
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
The Accounting team is responsible for providing accounting services and financial support for all business units across the organization. We look for innovative and new ways to maximize efficiency and provide an excellent level of service to our internal and external customers. We are a high performance operation, understanding and working with many diverse areas of the airport business. If you love the idea of a collaborative environment where you can be inspired to do your best work, this is the role for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, Operations the overall responsibility of the Senior Accounting Clerk is to ensure timely, reasonable, and efficient processing of receivables and payables related to YYC Calgary International and Springbank Airport operations. Your role will focus primarily on the review and verification of day-to-day accounts payable and receivable transactions.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Reconcile, audit and verify accounting information entered into the accounting system and various corporate applications
• Review month-end entries created by accounting clerks for accuracy and enter into the accounting system
• Gain a well-rounded understanding of the various accounting tasks, in order to be able to assist when needed
• First point for customer inquiries and collections, finding opportunities to improve efficiencies
• Respond to customer needs and inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Administrative duties such as filing invoices, photocopying, and mail distribution
WHAT YOU BRING
• Have obtained or working towards a degree in Accounting or a related field
• Previous experience working with a computerized accounting system
• Previous experience with full cycle accounting
• A sound understanding of both accounts receivable and accounts payable
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Ability to manage multiple priorities including cross-training in a variety of roles within accounting
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A strong work ethic and effective time management skills
• Experience in leading and training others
• Ability to work well in both a team and an individual environment
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.