Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: October 23, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
Whether it’s recruiting the best and the brightest, implementing a new Human Capital Management (HCM) system or developing programs that make us a top employer, it is never a dull moment within our HR team. We are energetic collaborators, strategic thinkers, continuous learners and change champions. Our commitment to delivering great results is evident in our everyday work and like the rest of or our organization we radiate our passion for aviation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
This role is ideal for a high-performer who will thrive in the Shared Services environment acting as the Dayforce HCM subject matter expert who takes ownership of our payroll processes and benefits administration. As part of a dynamic HR team, you will have a passion for providing expertise and ‘out-of-the-box’ solutions while contributing to our HR strategy and business goals. A collaborative team member with an eye for detail, you will deliver excellent customer service that supports our culture of being a Top Employer in Alberta.
Reporting to the Manager, HR Operations, the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide HR expertise and coaching advice to all staff, specializing in the areas of payroll, benefits, pension, compensation and disability management.
- Process the full cycle bi-weekly and year-end payroll for over 300 union and exempt employees and students. Ensure payroll is processed according to our collective agreement and the Canada Labour Code. Reconcile payroll-related accounts and develop accruals, working collaboratively with our accounting department.
- Act as the subject matter expert of our Dayforce HCM system.
- Administer our company benefits and pension plans, including new hire enrollments, terminations, changes
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to ensure exceptional delivery of HR programs.
- Report key metrics to stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Stay abreast of all regulatory changes that may impact the areas of payroll, benefits and pension and make recommendations for policy or process amendments that may be required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Minimum five years of directly related experience in a payroll and benefits role
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is a strong asset
- Solid understanding of relevant legislation including the Canada Labour Code, Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, WCB, and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Possesses a Certified Payroll Professional designation
- Well-developed research skills with the ability to apply legislated requirements to practical situations
- Excellent analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of our organization
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism and ability to exercise discretion and sensitivity when handling confidential information
- Proficient in MS Office with very strong proficiency in Excel
- Strong work ethic and ability to function in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to clearly present information to various audiences
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.