Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: Authority Band 8 ($74,548 - $77,532 - $80,632 - $83,850)
Closing Date: July 24, 2019
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 300 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
If you’re looking for an organization where you can do your best work while improving the travel experience for millions of people each year, we might be a match for you. Collectively, we develop internal and external communications strategies and tactics that advance our annual business plans. We’re driven by research, motivated by action and take pride in developing head-turning outcomes for our various business partners. We need an accomplished communicator to join us as we support a number of strategic initiatives aimed at elevating YYC experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You have one job – to engage audiences in compelling content that drives desired business outcomes. Reporting to the General Manager, Communications you will develop and execute communications plans that drive measureable outcomes. Modeling and inspiring customer-centric behaviours, you will act as a business partner by supporting stakeholder engagement and influencing through strategic communications. You are comfortable driving change by leveraging communications best practices, synthesizing complex information into compelling stories and aligning with organizational strategy. This position requires strategic thinking, project management expertise, exemplary writing, editing and presentation skills.
• Partner with leaders and other internal clients to understand their unique business and communications needs.
• Create and implement plans for a variety of audiences and platforms designed to engage, inform and influence.
• Work collaboratively as a trusted advisor and as part of a cross-functional team.
• Track outcomes and ensure continuous improvement through the development of SMART goals and objectives.
• Ensure high-quality standards are upheld and reflect YYC brand voice, tone, and style in communications products.
• Research and keep current on emerging communications practices, tools and standards.
• Provide communications support as part of crisis and emergency response situations.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Post-secondary education in Communications or Public Relations.
• In-depth knowledge of communication best practices and understanding of change management principles.
• 5+ years of experience advising internal clients and implementing enterprise-wide communications plans and tactics.
• English/French bilingual candidates preferred.
• Proven experience building business partner relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Outcome-oriented mindset with comprehensive understanding of storytelling in digital and traditional platforms.
• Proactive work ethic and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills; French is an asset.
• Aptitude for continuous learning and development.
• Strategic thinking, project management and strong consulting skills.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta"s Top Employers.