Passenger & Volunteer Programs Co-op Student
Status:Twelve Month Term (Jan 2024 – December 2024)
Closing Date: November 15, 2023
The Calgary Airport Authority is committed to creating an environment where our students are rewarded through meaningful work experiences and numerous opportunities to connect with employees, stakeholders, and other students just like you. Our program offers students an opportunity to gain valuable industry experience, knowledge, and contacts through full time work in their chosen field.
Our Terminal Operations team collaborates with multiple business units, tenants, airlines and other stakeholders within the airport community to ensure that our passengers at YYC have a seamless and positive airport experience.
We are more than just planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories, and life-defining adventures. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences.
The Calgary Airport Authority manages and operates YYC Calgary International Airport and YBW Springbank Airport and collaborates with the many partners who make up YYC - from airlines to government agencies and retail outlets. This is an exciting time to join our #YYCCrew and drive YYC forward as one of Canada"s best airports!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the supervision of the General Manager, Terminal Operations, you will work closely with the Terminal Operations Coordinators, providing administrative and program support to the Customer Care and Volunteer Ambassador programs. You will also have the opportunity to support the implementation of our Meet & Assist Program.
- Provide administrative and program support for the Customer Care Ambassador program, White Hat Volunteer program, and Meet & Assist program.
- Conduct formal and informal audits of program documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Update and enhance program documentation and standard operating procedures so is it appropriate, engaging, and useful.
- Use information design principles to translate data and processes into usable operational documents.
- Support in airline schedule-based workforce planning.
- Provide administrative support such as ordering supplies, reviewing incident reports, updating training documents, and conducting service audits.
- Create publish and distribute Customer Care Ambassador Newsletters.
- Audit training records to ensure regulatory compliance and logical flow of documentation.
- Prepare and distribute flight sheets.
- Support and deliver recognition initiatives to the White Hat Volunteers.
- Assist in coordinating events.
- Review and update policies and procedures in alignment to YYC corporate and Human Resources policies.
- Support program design, enhancement, and implementation.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Highly enthusiastic individual that can take the initiative and effectively collaborate with multiple partners
- Pursuing a diploma or bachelor’s degree in Information Design, Technical Writing, Human Resources, or Business Administration.
- Experience in technical writing or instructional design is an asset
- Ability to ensure high quality results and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work effectively with a team as well as individually
- Strong organizational skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working in an office setting is an asset
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
It’s simple – we invest in our people because they are the backbone of our success. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Networking and growth opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the community
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta’s Top Employers.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.