Heavy Duty Mechanic
Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 37.5 hours
Hourly wage: 40.87 - 45.97
Closing Date: October 4, 2023
We are more than just planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories and life defining adventures made possible by the work we do. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences inspired by purpose.
The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of remarkable people committed to delivering great results. We manage and operate YYC Calgary International Airport, YBW Springbank Airport and collaborate with many partners - from airlines to customer services and government agencies to food and retail outlets. Now is an exciting time to join our crew and advance YYC as one of Canada’s best airports!
Our team of Heavy Duty Mechanics have the exciting opportunity to work on a fleet of unique equipment specific to our airport. This team is an integral part of our entire airside snow removal group and go above and beyond to ensure all equipment run smoothly in order to maintain safe operations on our airfield. In addition, the Authority provides our Mechanics with all the tools and training that they need for a job well done. Your ability to take initiative combined with your driven attitude will contribute to your success as a part of our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of our high performing, critical thinking Heavy Duty Mechanic team, you will report to the Supervisor, Fleet Maintenance. The overall responsibility of this safety-sensitive role is to perform high quality maintenance and repairs to the Calgary Airport Authority’s heavy equipment fleet. Duties include:
- Repair and maintain a diverse fleet of airport vehicles and heavy equipment including: off-highway trucks and trailers, airport fire trucks, snow clearing equipment, agricultural equipment and construction equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance, regularly scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs both in the maintenance shop and on the airfield.
- Perform modifications on all vehicles and equipment to meet increased performance requirements and to improve reliability and safety.
- Document work performed, materials used and reporting condition of unit.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3+ years’ experience working as a certified Journeyman preferred.
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Certificate.
- Have and maintain a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Welding, machining and fabrication experience considered an asset.
- Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) certificates or experience is considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP) and Radio license (ROC-A) within first 6 months. Training provided by Calgary Airport Authority
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
- Must be able to meet the requirements of a safety-sensitive position, this includes Alcohol & Drug screening and pre-employment medical assessment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Strong work ethic and ability to function in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to minimize errors.
- Solid communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta’s Top Employers.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.