The Communications team oversees the development of internal and external communications strategies that support our annual business plans. We’re driven by research, motivated by action, and take pride in developing head-turning outcomes for our various business partners. We are seeking an aspiring digital communicator to join us as we support several strategic initiatives aimed at elevating experiences at YYC.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the supervision of the Director, Communications and Stakeholder Relations this position supports communications strategies for web, media, and social media content. You will write content suitable for newsletters, briefs, intranet, and social media, as well as create visual assets to support our storytelling across these platforms. You will have the opportunity to assist with planning, coordinating, and implementing various events such as inaugural announcements, media events, employee townhalls, etc.
- Managing our YBW social channels.
- Creating and managing digital assets such as photo and video.
- Managing the YYC Communications inbox, making small changes to our external website and our intranet including the drafting and posting of internal articles.
- Creating graphics including intranet banners, social images, yyc.com carousels, etc.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of corporate events.
- Exploring low-input ways to make our presence on social media larger and more consistent, driving engagement with and the growth of our audiences.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, New Media, or similar discipline.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and knowledge of video editing considered an asset.
- Experience with managing social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter) considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- A passion for building and maintaining key business relationships with the ability to respond to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proactive problem solver with the desire and ability to achieve results.
- Ability to work effectively with a team as well as individually.
- Strong organizational skills.
- To qualify as a co-op student, you must be enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution following your work term.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC).
- This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of onsite and remote work.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
It’s simple – we invest in our people because they are the backbone of our success. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Networking and growth opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the community