Training & Standards Summer Student
Number of Positions Available: 1
Term Length: 4 Month Term Starting May 2023
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
WHO WE ARE
We are more than just airplanes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories and life defining adventures made possible by the work we do. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences inspired by purpose.
The Calgary Airport Authority is committed to creating an environment where our students are rewarded through meaningful work experiences and numerous opportunities to connect with employees, stakeholders, and other students just like you. Our program offers students an opportunity to gain valuable industry experience, knowledge, and contacts through full time work in their chosen field.
The Airfield Operations team includes a crew of skilled individuals that are responsible for managing the maintenance of all airport property, airside and groundside, outside of the terminal. This Department is an integral part of YYC’s operations by ensuring that all the Airport’s surface property is properly maintained for overall safety and efficiency. In the winter, the Airfield Operations team are responsive to weather events, primarily managing snow and ice on the airfield and the roadways on Airport property. In the summer, this Department has a comprehensive program that includes hard surface maintenance for patching and repairing, painting of regulated surface markings as well as overall vegetation management.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Manager, Airfield Training and Standards, you will provide administrative support in the training and development of Airfield Operations crew members, including AEOs/GEOs, AOS and Mobile Services
- Assist in the development, coordination, and management of airfield training programs.
- Support the development and delivery of operational documentation as it relates to airfield operations.
- Participate in annual reviews and updates to operational documentation and training material.
- Assist in managing and reviewing training records.
- Work with internal YYC departments to ensure that all training, documentation is complete, current, properly branded and appropriately located.
- Use Microsoft computer skills to help streamline training digital processes and functionality.
- Use experience with graphic, video and training design software to create and update training material.
- Assist in managing and updating Dayforce Learning as required.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Communications, Media Production, Public Relations or Education (Adult Learning) discipline
- Strong capacity for critical thinking
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint and outlook
- Evidenced strength in social and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work effectively with a team as well as individually
- Strong organizational skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in their second and third year of study
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC)
- To qualify as a summer student, you must be enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution following your work term.
- This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and remote work.
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.