Spatial Data (CADD) Summer Student
Number of Positions Available: 1
Term Length: Four Month Term (May 2023 – August 2023)
Closing Date: March 29, 2023
WHO WE ARE
We are more than just airplanes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories and life defining adventures made possible by the work we do. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences inspired by purpose.
The Calgary Airport Authority is committed to creating an environment where our students are rewarded through meaningful work experiences and numerous opportunities to connect with employees, stakeholders, and other students just like you. Our program offers students an opportunity to gain valuable industry experience, knowledge, and contacts through full time work in their chosen field.
The Spatial Data Services (SDS) team is responsible for keeping an accurate record of all construction and development activity occurring at both at the Calgary International and Springbank Airports, while setting sights on new spatial technologies to share data company wide. We maintain and update an archive of spatial and technical facility record data, and provide graphic, drafting, and mapping support services for various business units at YYC and YBW.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the supervision of the Spatial Data Services Technologist, you will utilize technologies to complete and track work requests for operational graphics, drafting and mapped data from internal and external stakeholders at YYC. You will analyze technical data deliverables from construction projects managed both in-house and by tenants to incorporate relevant changes into updated record models that we use to manage our facilities.
- Process CADD data and perform clean-up using AutoCAD Map 3D
- Assist with our record drawing updates and operational graphic creation using AutoCAD Map 3D
- Collect, scan and verify field data
- Provide administrative support and other duties as required
WHAT YOU BRING
- Highly enthusiastic individual that has the ability to take initiative and effectively collaborate with multiple partners
- Pursuing a diploma in Architectural Technologies, Civil Engineering Technologies or a similar discipline
- Ability to ensure high quality results and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Access is an asset
- Experience with FME is an asset
- Ability to work effectively with a team as well as individually
- Strong organizational skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working in an office setting is an asset
- To qualify as a summer student, you must be enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution following your work term.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC).
- This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of onsite and remote work.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
It’s simple – we invest in our people because they are the backbone of our success. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Networking and growth opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the community
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.