Our Supply Chain team is undergoing a significant change in our new Oracle environment! We are transforming the way we operate to a new customer-centric model that allows us to better partner with our business units and stakeholders. It’s an exciting time for our team as our processes evolve and create opportunity for our Supply Chain team to make their mark at YYC. Like any big change, there will be growing pains, however, with our resilient and passionate Supply Chain team, we know that this change will add significant value to the way our business operates.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the supervision of the Materials Manager, Supply Chain, you will work closely with the entire team, learning the fundamentals of purchasing and contracts within an airport environment through a variety of responsibilities. This role provides you the opportunity to learn new skills and gain work experience in supply chain best practices.
- Providing administrative support to the supply chain team
- Assisting with the maintenance and update of SDS files for all warehouses as per Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Shipping, receiving, packaging/crating shipments for repairs, return for credit etc.
- Generating appropriate documentation such as bill of lading, commercial invoice, R50ADF, NAFTA, AMPS, Tariff Codes
- Assisting with the physical inventory management within all the warehouses managed by the Calgary Airport Authority
- Other duties as required, which include but not limited to monthly cycle inventory counts
WHAT YOU BRING
- Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution with a focus in Business or Supply Chain
- High level of accuracy and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize requests
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a high functioning team and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to lift packages up to 50lbs
- To qualify as a summer student, you must be enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution following your work term.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License or equivalent, subject to driver’s abstract review
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC)
- This role is considered safety sensitive and will require a pre-employment drug and alcohol test through a third-party provider
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
It’s simple – we invest in our people because they are the backbone of our success. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Networking and growth opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the community