The Calgary Airport Authority is looking to hire a Co-op Student to assist in refining our data, specifically with regards to baggage handling. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Baggage Systems with a dotted line report to our Data and Analytics team.
The Data and Analytics Team will provide direction and guidance on process and governance and the Baggage Team will provide direction/feedback on reports and requirements. If you are an energetic, self-starter who is passionate about understanding the processes, business, and all the data surrounding it. – you will fit right in with this team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Manager, Baggage Systems, the Data & Analytics Co-op Student will use their data skills to help sort through this data rich environment and produce meaningful and accurate reports to drive decisions and monitor performance.
- Creating reports from data using statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, or R
- Identifying trends and opportunities within data sets to support business decisions
- Creating scripts or programs to automate repetitive tasks
- Developing and maintaining a company’s database by designing, creating, and modifying tables, fields, and relationships between tables
- Developing new applications or modifying existing applications to add functionality or improve efficiency
- Designing and developing software applications by studying user needs, anticipating potential problems, and making sure the application is secure, error-free, and user-friendly
- Analyzing data to identify patterns, trends, or other significant information
- Supporting all phases of the software development lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Data validation to ensure the most accurate data is available and in use
WHAT YOU BRING
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Analytics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Data Science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Inquisitive mindset and keen curiosity
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong team player
- Experience with data and analytics will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC)
- To qualify as a co-op or internship student, you must be enrolled in a co-op program through an accredited post-secondary institution.
- This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and remote work.