Our team of Heavy Equipment Technicians have the exciting opportunity to work on a fleet of unique equipment specific to our airport. This team is an integral part of our entire airside snow removal group and go above and beyond to ensure all equipment run smoothly in order to maintain safe operations on our airfield.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the General Manager, Field Maintenance & Mobile Services, you will work closely with our team of Heavy Equipment Technicians to perform high quality maintenance and repairs to the Calgary Airport Authority’s heavy equipment fleet. This role provides you the opportunity to gain practical hands on work experience, work within a diverse team matrix and improve on your mechanical aptitude, time management and critical decision-making skills.
- Minor mechanical repairs
- Provide support in operations/mechanical shop
- Assist with broom and plough changes
- Shop/Warehouse housekeeping
- Pick up and deliveries for parts and equipment
- General labor
WHAT YOU BRING
- Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution with a focus in heavy equipment operations, heavy equipment technician or heavy duty auto mechanics
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to minimize errors.
- Solid communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to function in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- To qualify as a summer student, you must be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institute with the intention to return to school on a full-time basis following the summer term.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC)
- Preference will be given to students in their third year of study
- Must be able to meet the requirements of a safety-sensitive position, this includes Alcohol & Drug screening and pre-employment medical assessment.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
It’s simple – we invest in our people because they are the backbone of our success. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Networking and growth opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the community
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.