Lands Co-op Student
Number of Positions Available: 1
Term Length: Eight Month Term (Jan 2023 – August 2023)
Closing Date: December 22, 2022
WHO WE ARE
We are more than just airplanes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories and life defining adventures made possible by the work we do. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences inspired by purpose.
The Calgary Airport Authority is committed to creating an environment where our students are rewarded through meaningful work experiences and numerous opportunities to connect with employees, stakeholders, and other students just like you. Our program offers students an opportunity to gain valuable industry experience, knowledge, and contacts through full time work in their chosen field.
The Lands team grows non-aeronautical revenue and economic development through leasing agreements at Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Springbank Airport (YBW). With more than 5,000 acres to develop and manage, the Lands team is uniquely positioned to drive future economic growth in Calgary and Alberta. With broad vision and an ability to execute, Lands improves the bottom line and the community. They work very hard, and like the rest of our people, they know how to have fun!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the supervision of the General Manager, Real Estate Development, you will work closely with the rest of the team, providing support in lease administration for both Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Springbank Airport (YBW). In our dynamic aviation environment, you will develop an understanding of key provisions of contract law and gain work experience in reviewing large legal documents to identify the most salient terms.
- Assist in lease administration activities including the preparation of land leases, renewals, and other property management documents related to Airport Lands.
- Create lease abstracts incorporating pertinent data from active leases.
- Create and curate contact information excel sheets including for emergency contacts
- Assist with other related administrative activities
WHAT YOU BRING
- Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution with a focus in business administration, real estate development, contract management, land management or a related discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of computer programs, including proficiency in MS Office.
- To qualify as a co-op student, you must be enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution following your work term.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC).
- This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of onsite and remote work.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
It’s simple – we invest in our people because they are the backbone of our success. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Networking and growth opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the community
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.