If you are passionate about emergency preparedness and understand the importance of customer service and running a high-performance operation, this is the role for you. Our Emergency Response Services Team works hard to maintain YYC’s emergency preparedness program to ensure our airport is safe and secure.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Under the supervision of the Manager, Emergency Preparedness, you will support the management and implementation of the YYC Airport Authority Emergency Preparedness Program. In our dynamic aviation environment, you will gain practical knowledge of emergency management in the Aviation industry and hands-on experience in Airport Operations and business continuity.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the 2023 Full-Scale and Table-Top Exercises as per the Canadian Aviation Regulations and Canadian Aviation Security Regulations. This includes:
- Developing realistic scenarios
- Identifying exercise goals
- Identifying stakeholders
- Developing objectives
- Assist with internal and external debriefs when required
- Complete after-action reports when required
- Assist with x-Matters in creating and deleting user accounts
- Assist with the development of a business continuity program
- Conduct weekly inspections of the Airport Emergency Operations Centre
- Create and update user manuals, maps and documents for emergency preparedness training programs
- Assist with the development and delivery of emergency preparedness training programs
- Assist with administrative duties as well as attending meetings and preparing minutes for distribution
WHAT YOU BRING
- Pursuing a diploma or bachelor’s degree in emergency management, communication or public relations
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of computer programs, including proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work both independently and in a team to meet deadlines and achieve the team’s overall objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage collaboratively and effectively with internal and external teams, clients, and other associated stakeholders
- To qualify as a co-op student, you must be enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution following your work term.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC).
- This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of onsite and remote work.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
It’s simple – we invest in our people because they are the backbone of our success. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- Networking and growth opportunities
- Opportunities to give back to the community
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.