Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Authority Band 9 ($91,260.00 - $94,887.00 - $98,709.00 - $102,667.50)
Closing Date: August 18, 2022
We are more than just planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories and life defining adventures made possible by the work we do. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences inspired by purpose.
The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of remarkable people committed to delivering great results. We manage and operate YYC Calgary International Airport, YBW Springbank Airport and collaborate with many partners - from airlines to customer services and government agencies to food and retail outlets. Now is an exciting time to join our crew and advance YYC as one of Canada’s best airports!
If you enjoy a collaborative environment surrounded by a hardworking team, then you will fit right in with this group. Our
Facilities team is always on the go and work very closely with all of our other departments. This team knows the terminal
inside and out. In an environment of constant change every day brings something new.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Manager, Baggage Systems, some of the key responsibilities for this role are:
- Monitor baggage handling system and processes with a goal of continuous improvement.
- Participate in all projects that involve work in and around the baggage handling system for function, impact, and
- Attend and participate in meetings with stakeholders on baggage operations, and other systems & processes
- Develop and maintain all baggage system procedures, ensuring accuracy of all documents and designs through
- review and site inspections along with reviewing plans for code compliance and standards.
- Participate in and facilitate findings on safety walk inspections and assist with coordinating and tracking solutions.
- Review and approve building permit and shutdown requests with respect to impacts to baggage operations.
- Coordinate warranty and replacement parts to ensure that YYC is recognizing best value for contracts. Facilitate
- clean up/out of obsolete inventory.
- Help troubleshoot and streamline systems by using mechanical and investigative expertise in the areas of baggage
- and related system operations.
- Manage the performance of contracts and develop maintenance programs for the baggage systems.
- Oversee and coordinate existing and upcoming baggage systems for the complete facility, including activation tests
- and trials for the new baggage systems.
- Conduct tours of the facility to expand knowledge and demonstrate function to enhance operations.
- Participate in and facilitate weight devices repair, calibration and certification.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A millwright or electrical trade certification preferred
- Must have a minimum of 2 years working knowledge of mechanical systems including conveyor, tote, lifting, PLC and/or
- low level control systems.
- Must have a good knowledge base covering some or all of the following areas: airport operations, baggage messaging,
- security, fire shutter.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and single line drawings.
- Solid understanding of code issues including Structural, Electrical, and Occupational Health & Safety procedures and
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to coach and provide feedback to contractors, agencies and partners.
- Strong attention to detail, investigation and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to work independently, think on your feet to resolve issues, and work through
- situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- A flexible and team-focused attitude and a willingness to take on different tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to maintain solid working relationships.
- A strong desire to learn and grow in a continuously improving environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Visio.
- SCADA experience is considered valuable.
- Has the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
- This role will be required to work from elevated structures
- This role may be required to use tradesperson’s machines, small hand tools and equipment occasionally
- Sitting for desk work & meetings is frequently required
- Walking for inspections and to attend meetings is frequently required
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta’s Top Employers.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas. If you require any assistance in applying or accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact