If you are passionate about your work and thrive in a detailed but fast paced environment, then you will fit right in with this group. The Spatial Data Services (SDS) team is responsible for keeping an accurate record of all construction and development activity occurring at both at the Calgary International and Springbank Airports, while setting sights on new spatial technologies to share data company wide. We maintain and update an archive of spatial and technical facility record data, and provide operational graphic, drafting, and mapping support services for various business units at YYC and YBW.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Manager, Spatial Data Services, you will utilize a variety of technologies and resources to create, analyze, manage, communicate and distribute graphical, written, and tabular data to internal and external stakeholders. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Utilize a specialized hybrid skill set in two spatial technologies - AutoCAD software and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software to create and share spatial data company wide
- Utilize FME to automate work processes and convert data to improve department efficiency and productivity
- Work both independently and collaboratively, relying on a variety of other technologies and resources such as MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel to execute on existing AutoCAD work and creating new capabilities within the GIS environment
- Leverage existing spatial data to progress GIS Implementation to the entire organization through planning, drafting of standards and delivery of test pilots
- Maintain current AutoCAD work environment by entering, tracking, and completing various work requests to support corporate business units daily
- Conduct analysis for on property airport developments against current aerodrome recommended practices, legislation, and land use agreements
- Review and assess construction documentation received from internal and external sources and incorporate key information into facility record drawings. This involves using project delivered information to update the overall record models we use to manage our facilities
- Develop procedures and standards that relate to maintaining information on airport facilities including but not limited to CADD and GIS standards, drafting standards, graphical standards, data retrieval and distribution, work and project tracking, and department best practices
- Act as a department point of contact for internal business units and attend regular stakeholder meetings
WHAT YOU BRING
- Position requires a diploma from a post-secondary program in Architectural or Engineering Drafting Technology and 5 or more years ESRI ArcGIS Experience and/or,
- Position requires a diploma from a post-secondary program in Geographic Information Systems and 3-5 years AutoCAD Map 3D Experience
- A minimum of 3 to 10 years work experience in a related field, with preference geared towards applicants with previous airport experience
- Strong communication skillset both verbal and written to convey highly technical information to a non-technical audience
- Excellent working knowledge of CADD (Computer Aided Design & Drafting) practices, techniques, equipment, and software (AutoCAD Map 3D, Revit, Civil 3D)
- Excellent working knowledge of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) practices, techniques, equipment, and software (ESRI ArcGIS)
- Working knowledge of FME practices and techniques
- Dual skill set in CADD and GIS are important
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in providing organizational guidance towards implementing new technologies with focus on strategy, plan, standards, and execution
- Knowledge of and skill to work within the various drafting disciplines used in construction drawings
- Building (Architectural, Mechanical & Electrical)
- Site (Civil, Electrical, Telecom, Storm, Sanitary, Water, Natural Gas, and Civil Aviation)
- Thorough understanding of the interrelationship of the various disciplines within the building and site facility plans
- Thorough understanding of the impact construction, as-built/record drawings, and specifications have on facility record drawings
- Knowledge of Construction Practices for both Site and Buildings
- Knowledge of mathematics normally associated with drawing preparation and interpretation
- Ability to visualize and the design skills needed to create professional drawings based on verbal description or sketch
- Excellent computer-related troubleshooting and program development skills required for drawing and database management
- Advanced skills using the operating system of a CADD/GIS workstation for use in storage and retrieval of the databases and associated drawing files
- Skill in using / customizing CADD/GIS software to aid in efficient graphic creation
- Working knowledge in the other software packages used by YYC (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Understanding of geospatial software and guiding principles (AutoCAD Map 3D or Esri suite of software)
- Ability to obtain an Airside Vehicle Operator Permit (AVOP)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
- Familiarity with the airport environment is considered an asset
- Working knowledge in any of the following software would be considered an asset:
- Adobe Photoshop
- GPS Survey equipment and associated software
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.