Airfield Equipment Operator
Number of positions available: 1
Status: Term Seasonal (September 2022 - April 2023)
Band 7 ($35.69 - $37.12 - $38.61 - $40.15) Hourly Rate
Closing Date: August 23, 2022
We are more than just planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond our runway into the communities we serve. We are about connections, stories and life defining adventures made possible by the work we do. We are committed to fostering an environment where our people are rewarded through meaningful work experiences inspired by purpose.
The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of remarkable people committed to delivering great results. We manage and operate YYC Calgary International Airport, YBW Springbank Airport and collaborate with many partners - from airlines to customer services and government agencies to food and retail outlets. Now is an exciting time to join our crew and advance YYC as one of Canada"s best airports!
Our Airfield Equipment Operators are an integral part of our entire airfield operations team. They go above and beyond to ensure our airport’s roadways, grounds, parking facilities, runways, taxiways and aprons are well maintained for seamless operations. This team has the exciting opportunity to operate unique airport-specific equipment in the fast-paced and operationally critical environment of our airport’s backyard. This is a seasonal winter position (ending in April), perfect for operators who are interested in expanding their work portfolio during the winter months.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will work with a close-knit crew and operate a wide range of unique equipment used to maintain all surfaces of YYC’s airfield, groundside and various operationally required facilities. The primary focus of this role is snow removal and de-icing of the runways and aprons. Other work will vary depending on need and may include the following:
- Participate in a comprehensive training program.
- Pavement patching of airfield surfaces, groundside surfaces and various operationally required facilities; including anything from fences to roadways.
- Assisting with repair and maintenance of fences, gates and signage.
- Completing minor equipment maintenance and ensure equipment is always ready to operate properly, including pre and post trip inspections, washing equipment, runway broom and plow blade changes.
- Participate in extensive FOD (Foreign Object Debris) control program
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
WHAT YOU BRING
- 2+ years’ experience and competency in heavy equipment operation
- Have and be able to maintain a Valid Class 3 Driver’s license with air brake endorsement
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule and be on call during winter
- Mechanical aptitude would be considered an asset
- Strong safety focus, as shown in your decisions and behaviours
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a dynamic team
- Ability to build and maintain positive and respectful working relationships
- Capacity to show critical thinking skills and behavior to ensure overall team success
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and implement instructions in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to represent our Crew in a positive, professional, efficient and productive manner at all times
- Meet requirements of a safety-sensitive position, including pre employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) and an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP)
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Click the apply button for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta’s Top Employers.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas. If you require any assistance in applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.