OUR PEOPLE TEAM
With an enviable culture that attracts the best and the brightest, our HR team is committed to investing in our people through programs that support our business growth, create operational excellence and enable organizational effectiveness. We are energetic collaborators, strategic thinkers, continuous learners and change champions. Our commitment to delivering great results is evident in our everyday work and like the rest of or our organization we radiate our passion for aviation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the General Manager, Business Partnerships & Labour Relations, you will be our in house labour relations expert, and provide strategic and day to day support on all LR matters.
- Manages day to day labour relations issues including interpreting collective agreements, leading investigations, disciplinary action processes, employee concerns and grievances.
- Negotiates local or special agreements with the union
- Prepares the management team for the collective bargaining process, including data gathering and analysis, conducting surveys, preparing materials, and participating in collective bargaining sessions.
- Consults and collaborates with People systems & Total rewards to proactively address any implementation issues with labour relations and collective agreements changes or interpretations.
- Monitors collective bargaining trends to anticipate issues that may arise with local union
- Schedules and prepares for union/management meetings; attends, takes minutes for management team.
- Provides training and orientation for non-union leaders in the collective agreement, union/management relationships, Canada Labour Code.
- Creates presentations and regular updates for HRLT and ELT on LR matters.
- Develops LR record keeping system and library for historical interpretations, arbitration, grievance settlements, settlement trends etc.
- Provide guidance and direction on all aspects of employee / labour relations including coaching and advising leaders on the interpretation and implementation of applicable legislation, collective agreements and company policies, and supporting HRBP’s and managers in determining the appropriate resolution to issues.
- As required, conduct investigations including: interviewing complainants, witnesses and respondents; developing an investigation report, and final recommendations.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum of 5 years experience in labour relations, including grievance handling, collective bargaining, disciplinary investigations and actions, and preparing for arbitration.
- Experience working in an HR Business Partner role in a unionized environment considered an asset.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree in Human Resources or Labor Relations.
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail and organized approach
- Proficient in computer systems, specifically MS Office
- Ability to use meaningful analytics to help drive change, results and solutions
- Strategic, solution-focused and consultative mindset and approach to support the alignment and achievement of business goals.
- A strong collaborator who is skilled at building credibility and effective working relationships at all levels.
- Proactive and takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – highly articulate and able to present point of view in a clear and concise manner.
- Superior ability to manage time and prioritize while maintaining a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated self-starter with high energy, capable of functioning in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and often complex work situations.
- Leverages other resources, knowledge and information to get the job done.
- Demonstrates high level of judgment, integrity and sense of urgency.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, ethics and compassion at all times.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a restricted area identification card (RAIC)
- Proof that you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as approved by Health Canada
This role is eligible for our hybrid work model with a combination of in-office and remote work.
We are ACCOUNTABLE. We take ownership and step up to get the job done.
We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED. We consider the customer in all that we do.
We are COLLABORATIVE. We are stronger when we reach out and work as a team.
We are RESILIENT. We are able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
We are CREATIVE. We strive to find new and better ways of doing things.